Competition - Title wanted for new piece

Followers of the trombone list and news group will know that a couple of
months ago
I ran a contest to help me choose the title of a trombone trio. I had a
number of suggestions,
the winning entry being 'Trombones on The Town' submitted by Mike Welch.

The competition was such a success that I'm running another one because I
have the same problem.

I have recently finished a euphonium duet, the only thing left is to decide
on the title. The
winning entry will receive a complementary set of the piece scored for
euphonium duet with
brass band accompaniment. Before you ask, I am not going to call it
'Euphoniums on The Town'!
You can hear a MIDI file at www.bandsman.co.uk/sounds/euphduet.mid, and see
a sample of the
score at www.bandsman.co.uk/scores/euphduet.pdf. Some have likened it to
'Softly As I Leave You',
others to grand film music. Neither of these was deliberate, but it may give
you an idea what
to expect.

The competition is open to all, the closing date is Saturday 8th July 2000.
My decision is final.
All entries to me please, Nigel Horne, njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne. Arranger, Composer, Conductor, Typesetter.
Owner of the brass band group of the Internet. ICQ#20252325

--

njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list is bought to you with help from Normans Musical Instruments,
http://www.normans.co.uk