Re: Nick and Dyke - was Re: James Watson

One off us? (BIIIIIG laugh) I am not earning a couple of 10.000  a year
with banding!

Cheers,
Edal

Edal. thank you for your interesting comments, By the way my name is Evan,
(welsh name) not Ewan (Scottish)why is there a hang up about JW fee:-)
when Howard Snell was conducting Desford and Fodens he was earning more than
JW. nothing was said about Major.Peter Parks.Frank Renton. etc.etc.

If Ewan talks about titles, he shouldn't only look to the nationals, but
include the Open, European, concerts, recordings,... and then its clear
Dyke with mainly David King did not have a "gap" at all.

Dave King had a chance with Dyke, and I was sorry he left through politics
within Dyke. I have always regarded the Nationals as the main prestigious
event in brass banding calendar next the British Open, the others just
silver ware in the trophy cabinet. I will always remember asking John Hudson
who won the national with CWS Glasgow in1990. "what was it like winning the
National" he said "it was like winning the lottery"
When Dave King wins as many contest as Mortimers,Kenny, Parks, Watsons, then
he can join the club:-)
I hope he is successful this year at the Nationals.
yours Evan Howells

--

njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The list is bought to you with help from Normans Musical Instruments,
http://www.normans.co.uk