Re: Nick and Dyke - was Re: James Watson

----- Original Message -----
From: Aidan Smith <westbloke@xxxxxxxxx>
> Anyway, I've been reliably informed that Nick left partly to do with money
> and partly to do with recording contracts.
> As for a replacement for Fodens, some foreigners and a couple of big name
> UK conductors have been contacted and it will probably be one of the
> home-based conductors that gets the job.

Aiden,
thanks for the info - shame it's not too accurate.

Nick didn't leave because of money - I believe that the Dyke job pays less
than Fodens pay.
Also, the conductors who've been contacted include a lot more than "some
foreigners and a couple of big name UK conductors" - we are looking at all
variations on the theme.
The result of auditions for MD (the auditions haven't even started yet) will
be announced on our web site when the band have made the decision - Yes, big
names are coming down but don't hold your breath for the announcement as
"Foreigners" as you call them take a little more organisation to get to
Sandbach than say Mr Watson would.

If you do hear any more please let me know,

Thanks,

Phil.
Fodens.

--