stories from Whit Friday weekend

I have 2 stories from Whit Friday weekend that made me laugh.........

First, I heard that the Fodens players were asked a number of times during
the Friday night if they were playing the march 'Queensbury'.  Excellent
timing....   (sorry Phil)

Secondly, at the end of an excellent concert given by Brass Band Berne in
Dobcross band club on the Sunday night, a few of us (from a number of bands)
were talking near the bar when one of the solo players from the Swiss band
came up asked some of us who we played for.  I said 'formerly Brighouse' and
he was impressed, my mate said 'Brighouse' and he was impressed, then a
young lady with us said 'YBS', and the Swiss player said 'Who?'..........
So maybe the dream team haven't quite conquered the world just yet!   :-)

Martin.

--

njh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.normans.co.uk