Saint Louis

Hi to all on the list,
this evening the Saint Louis Brass Band played at Fair St. Louis ( a 5
day celebration of the 4th of July) We 'opened' for Ray Charles on the
Main Stage underneath the Arch. The audience was estimated to be over
200,000!!!! It was the first time a Brass Band has played for the event
and we 'wowed' them. We have  immediately been invited back next year
and asked to play two nights AND to accompany the 4th of July firework
display, the largest in the nation.!! We are ecstatic at the reception
from this huge crowd. The program included Goff Richard's 'Strike Up The
Band', Jim Curnow's 'Appalachian Folk Song Suite', Gordon Langford's
'Marching With Sousa, 'Bugler's Holiday. Sandy Smith's 'Independence Day
Suite', many Sousa marches, 'America The Beautiful', and of course
'Stars & Stripes' and 'St. Louis Blues'.
This kind of event introduces a vast audience to brass bands and we are
proud to carry the torch.

Robin Weatherall
Manager, Saint Louis Brass Band

--