Re: Dyke the poachers

Once again Nigel, we are privy to your infinite wisdom in respect of brass
band politics (it sounds sarcastic but seriously is not meant to)  If
players move they go cos they want to.  The more mercenery go for cash, the
more idealistic go for principles/chances for progression

My question is, if Dyke do attract/poach (delete where applicable) more
"name/star players", will Dyke's success be the result of the MD or the
Band.  I ask cos' on the first day of my Project Management training I was
told/taught, "a succesful project will only work if you have the best
resource around you to make the best team"

My best wishes to Nick Childs and Dyke, I hope between them the name of Dyke
regains the former glories and epitomises Brass Banding as once it did. We
need a beacon, if not Dyke then step forward the others.
Fodens/B&R/Grimethorpe et al.

Now, let's forget who is "poached" and let's concentrate on the results.

Richard "Unemployed tenor trombonist but very busy Project Manager" Walker