Re: ADMIN: Deps

c.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< I've been on both sides of the coin - requesting deps and offering my
 services as a dep ... both of which were successful because they appeared on
 the mailing list.>>

I thought you just depped for everybody Clair.

 <<Another perfect example of how successful the two way communication works
is
 in preparation for the Whit Friday Marches - how many people would have been
 short of players, and how many players would have been short of bands had
 requests not been posted by Cyberband 2000, Wuss Brass 2000 and various
 other participating bands? >>

Ah memories, memories...

It seems to me that Nigel is right to discourage it, because too many
requests of this type would be a pain. As a last resort, however, I'm sure
that everybody on the list can sympathise with that last mad dash to get
players in for concerts. If I hadn't helped out Cantium Brass (as a result of
an email on the list) and then got involved with Wuss Brass I wouldn't have
met so many people on the list. Part of the joy of this mailing list, surely,
is being able to 'chew the fat' on the information super highway with fellow
listees but another part is to meet members at contests/Whit Friday etc.

Big Chap
Bedrock Brass