Re:Nationals

Did anybody hear any of the 4th Section bands on Sunday at the RAH?
If so, did anybody find any of the results rather..well...wrong? I played for
Wetherby and District Silver Band, who finished 13th, and listened to 14
other bands in our section. Our remarks seem not to match our playing in many
cases-and after listening back to the CD, it becomes even more strange. The
winners were with no doubt the best band, but my Father was talking to the
President of Beaumaris B, and said there was only us and another band (who
were also placed down the rankings) who could even match their standard. I'm
not gonna complain if we did play bad, but everybody the band and I have
spoken to was, to say the least, gobsmacked. If anybody has any ideas about
this section, maybe they could shed some light on the situation.

Well done to all the bands on the day and to the organisation. We all have
something to remember for a long time,

In anticipation

Craig
Contest Secretary & Euphonium Wetherby and District

PS. Contact me privately so we don't start a debate if you wish