RE: Nationals

I also heard all the bands and must admit that when I saw the full result on
Saturday evening I
was so surprised at some of the placings (particularly YBS) that I actually
looked again on
both Sunday and Monday expecting to see a correction!

Without taking interpretation into account, surely just playing all the
notes and dynamics with
some style counts for something!  YBS did that whereas many of the bands
appearing before
them in the order of merit either didn't or couldn't.

My top six were:

Fodens
Cory
YBS
Grimethorpe
Faireys
Ransomes

Fodens and Cory were streets ahead of the others IMHO.

I'd be really interested to hear what Messrs Relton, Read and Wallace had to
say about YBS:
anyone able to enlighten us?

David Cooper