PR in the band press

Colin

I read your notes with interest. As someone who has been known to pen the
occasional piece for both the BB and BBW, your comments about pestering the
editorial staff is exactly what you should do.

My day to day job is working as a PR consultant, and I can assure you that
suggesting features or articles is the best way to get noticed in any title.

Although I cannot profess to doing a great job for my own band (First City
Brass) in terms of regular coverage, I have achieved in the past a page
feature in the BB and a centre band feature in BBW from "pestering" and
suggesting features to the band press.

As regards to voicing your concerns, voice them in a way which is suggestive
of certain types of wished for coverage, rather than criticism.

Go ahead. Get pestering and suggest those ideas.

With best regards
Richard Robinson