Re: Other Instruments

> I wouldn't be surprised if something like that were to
> happen down
> under very soon.

***  What??!!!!!!!!  I don't think so!!!!

  Apparently the "big-wigs"
> here are considering allowing french horns and trumpets
> to be played
> in brass band competitions!!!

***  I don't of any kind of talk like that going on in New
Zealand.
I am now in the states however, and have had the pleasure
of hearing the Rivercity Brass Band in concert - I think
they are the only professional brass band in the
USA.....the only thing is they use French Horns instead of
tenors.  Being a tenor player myself, I quite enjoyed the
change of color that french horns brought to the ensemble.
I also thought at times however, that the duet parts they
took with the flugel didn't quite gell like they do with
the tenor.

Well, like I said, I haven't heard of anything lgoing down
like this in New Zealand, where I am from....but I guess
there's always a first for everything....

Regards,
Eileen Turner
Solo Tenor for the Prairie Brass Band (USA)