Re: Harrogate / Spennymoor

Pat Williams wrote:

> Sorry for covering old ground, but did someone mention
> a concert in Harrogate this week? (Got a bit trigger
> happy with the delete button, and lost the posting!) A
> few friends of mine will be in the UK for the
> Spennymoor contest, and would like to attend if time
> allows.

Me, I'm afraid.  I said:

"And anyone in the dry part of North Yorkshire next week will be welcome at
Harrogate Grammar School on Thursday when The Harrogate Band will team up
with young musicians from the school to present a concert starting at
7.30pm.  The band's contribution will include music by Philip Wilby, Wilfred
Heaton and Philip Sparke.  (Oh yes, and the piece I wrote for the Band's
30th anniversary, called 'Dragon Parade'").

But I can't really vouch for the second half which will be performed by
school ensembles.  They might be excellent...

> Also,does anyone know what time the Spennymoor contest
> will finish at? My friends will need to get an early
> flight the next morning, and need to make plans. Will
> there be the usual trade stands?

Bands finish early evening but the award ceremony can be quite a lengthy
occasion.  Trade stands not normally present at Spennymoor.

David