Re: Music at University

Jud wrote ... >The trouble  I think, with trying to play in a brass band (or
any non-university musical group) whilst at university is that you are only
there for about half the year, so how do you properly commit?

Hi all,

You're right about the commitment part. I joined a band when I started
university just over a year ago. They were 2 sections higher and took their
rehearsals and practicing seriously which I loved. I decided to sign for
them and did the areas with them in March. Although I still play with my old
band in the holidays I enjoy playing with a higher section band which tests
my ability that bit further and am looking forward to the areas again in
march 2001! I have however found it difficult to commit due to part time
work, studying (yes really!) and running the Uni Music Society. I will
definately make time when a test piece gets pulled out though!!

I love playing my cornet but Universities don't always realise what a great
instrument it is. I'm stuck playing my trympet most of the time ie Big Band,
Orchestra, Brass ensembles. But hey I'm having a laugh.

Matt
Moulton 77 / Ware Brass