New Piece

I'm writing to let everyone know that I've just sent a p new piece to Tim Sawyer
at the Rothwell temperance Band  (www.rtb.org.uk  click on scores) website to
join the collection of freebie music there.

This piece is an attept to catch the spirit of an Arab bazar. I was born in
Tripoli and remember feeling acute disapointment at how sanitized Katelby's "In
a Persian Market" is when I heard it for the first time.

This piece is an attempt to capture the sounds, sights and smells of an Arab
Bazar. It is not wildly difficult but it  is exciting and evocative rather than
beautiful.  There is a very important part for both timps and tom toms. I am
particularly pleased with the interplay between these instruments right at the
end of this piece. In fact this might prove the starting point for another
piece.

To those who have have asked me for other things I have not forgotten and am
still working at them

All the best

Steve Watkins