Spennymoor

I sat through all but one of the 12 performances at Spennymoor.

Fodens certainly played a blinder, though Leyland were certainly
deserving of a close 2nd place.

I'd heard them (Leyland) run through their program at a concert in
Consett on Saturday night and they'd certainly upped the ante by the
next day.

Excellent performances all round. Hard to pick my favourite piece from
the day, but certianly among the highlights were:

Glyn Williams tour of just about every instrument (would have been nice
to see an Eb Bass in there too!)
The trombone soloist with Leyland (can't recall his name).
Grimethorpe's performance of the new "Mancunian" piece. (again the title
escapes me right now).
Stavanger might have raised a few eyebrows with the 'old guard' - but I
predict more of this influence to the fore in the future.

Killian Power
Dungarvan Brass Band - Ireland