Sponsorship

Hello fellow bandspeople!

Let's see if we can stimulate some meaningful and hopefully, helpful,
discussion about band sponsorship.
More and more bands these days are turning towards local businesses and
industry for sponsorship.
This is evidenced by the ever increasing bands' name changes as can be found

in the programmes for every brass band contest.
This is not only reserved for Championship Section bands, either.
There are sponsored bands in all sections as far as I can ascertain.

What I would like to discuss are the following:-

1 =A0=A0=A0How have those bands who have secured sponsorship gone about gett
ing it
in the first place?
2 =A0=A0=A0How long has it taken from concept of the plan, to implementation
 of the
sponsorship?
3 =A0=A0=A0To what level of financial support do the sponsors agree, i.e. an
nual
contribution, subsidised transport, new instruments, new uniforms, expenses
to players, contribution to conductors' fees, provision of premises for
rehearsals/concert venues, advertising, commissioning of new pieces of music
,
etc....

Obviously individual bands receive varying levels of support from their
sponsors and also such deals may be confidential, but a general discussion o
the points above would help those bands like ours, who are considering
approaching local businesses for sponsorship, to put together a viable
business plan.
I appreciate that the sums involved may be confidential also, but an overall

impression of the various levels of commitment to their bands by the sponsor
would help when putting together the plan.

So, come on you bands who have undertaken this exercise, let's see if we can

assist those about to take the plunge into the unknown, and those whose band
are currently in this process; what difficulties are you finding or have you

faced so far?

Regards & Thanks

Tony

Skelmersdale Prize Band - currently surviving on our own fundraising efforts
,
even managing to raise all the costs for our recent National Finals trip to
the Royal Albert Hall, but a task that wasn't easy to say the least, and has

exhausted most of our fundraising ideas for the coming year!