Re: Leamington Contest

In a message dated 04/12/00 20:06:09 GMT Standard Time, sdfbailey@xxxxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Hi All,>>

Welcome to the list Mr Bailey. If you've been a lurker for some time, welcome
out of Lurkville.

 <>
I'd agree with that. I thought there were a few too many slips in the 1st
movement of Year of the Dragon and Staffs gave a very solid performance.

 <<Congratulations also go to Jackfield Elcock Reisen band for winning the
 first section.>
Agreed, again. Great to see my old band back in the prizes. Took less risks
with their choice of piece (Goff Richards' Cross Patonce) than Newstead (who
came second playing Year Of the Dragon) but made a better overall job of
their piece. Thought the Newstead first movement was excellent. 2nd & 3rd not
so good.

Great result, also, for Stourport (another of my old bands) winning the
3rd/4th section.

Pity that so many bands withdrew. Possibly due to lack of prize money (but
there was a good turnout last year with the same prizes) but I also hear, on
the grapevine, that a number of local bands of all sections are struggling
with empty seats at the moment (no dig at any particular band intended).

Big Chap
Bedrock Brass