Re: GCSE Tenor Horn Music

John

As ever, requirements for GCSE depends on the exam board. I did mine in 1998 when it was needed to do a "solo" (Horn with Piano or just Horn) and "ensemble" (with a "prominent part" in quartet/quintet/full band etc)
My solo was The Carousel by Roy Newsome, but I would think a suitable gr5ish standard piece would be the (I think) Siebert arrangement of Faure's Pavanne. It's in am album of 8 solos, whose name escapes me, and was/is on the Grade 5 syllabus.
For the other piece, I did a quartet arrangement of Whiter Shade of Pale, which I think was by one of the guys in the Bernearts stable. This worked well as the trumpet player was able to use it for his ensemble piece as well.

Contact me offlist at mrobbins@xxxxxxxxxxx if I can be of any more help.

Mat