Re: Hand book on arranging

In message <3A313F50.AFC8BBD@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Buckley
<davebuckley@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>There is also one by Denis Wright.

Which is much more helpful if you're just starting out. However, if
you've got a little scoring experience, the Steadman-Allan book is more
useful.

Dave

p.s. Wright's very out of date on certain points - like use of
Percussion, Rep & Flug together (he thinks of the Flugel as a member of
the Cornets, if I remember rightly), and the G Bass Trombone.
Unsurprising, as he died in 1967. There is a forward to more recent
editions which endeavours to correct these mistakes; however, in the
text they are still wrong.