ANother new piece

Hi folks. I've just sent Tim another piece for the RTB sitewebpage.
www.rtb.org.uk (scores)
This one is EASY. Suitable for most fourth section bands.

It is a gentle serenade for flugel in 6/8 written as an apology to a flugel
player in St Stephans band who took great exception to one bar in my Wiegenlied.
Wiegenlied is in 5/8 but one bar is divided into equal parts with a crotchet
tied to a semiquaver and then a semiquaver tied to a crotchet. I suppose I could
have written two bars of 5/16 ---however. It's really not as difficult as it
sounds.

I was told that The lady who plays flugel in the Hamburg band really got very
annoyed about this bar and was almost taking it personally so this very easy
serenade is a gentle apology to her and any one else who might think that I have
been " a bit too clever for my own good."

Tim is normally very quick with this but he did have a technical problem last
week which delayed the Fantasy on German Folksongs going out as quickly as
normal.

There should be a piece for two tenor horns with band accompaniment ready in the
next week or so.

All the best

Steve Watkins