Re: Masters of Space and Time

Guy Clark wrote:

> Would anyone here know what's happening with the piece entitled "Masters
of
> Space and Time" by Bruce Broughton?  (It sounds like it should have
> references to Dr. Who in it!!)
>
> This piece was commissioned to be the 2001 Championship level test piece
by
> NABBA and one of the English contests, as well (I'm hazy on those
details).

It is a joint commission from the British Open Championships and the NABBA.

> It was supposed to be done by October, but here it is halfway through
> December and we haven't got the music (NABBA championships are in
> mid-April).  We have a photocopy of a beta (preliminary) version of the
> score, but that will be rather difficult to play from, and would it even
be
> legal for us to copy it for all the members of the band to play off of?

So far as I know there hasn't been an announcement that it will be used at
this year's Open to date.  Maybe they are waiting to see how it turns out.

> Does ANYONE know when it will be sent out?

Relax - you still have more than 16 weeks before mid April...

David