Re: Sinfonietta (3rd section nationals)

Colin Harris wrote:

> Merry Xmas all!

Baaaaargh Humbug!

> Anyone agree that the Horovitz Sinfonietta is a superb choice as a test
> piece?

Yes.  I'm sure it's the best of the bunch for 2001, with the possible
exception of Jazz, unless you have to play it.  The first section piece 'The
Undaunted' looks a less happy choice on first perusal.  I'll reserve
judgement until I know it better but have never been a big fan of Ball's.

...snip...

> Well done NCC!

Actually this was in fact the first set of Regional testpieces chosen by the
British Federation, not the NCC panel.  I'd hate to think what the
consequences might be, were you to congratulate Alan Hope on his choice of
pieces!

> Colin Harris,
> Musical Director,
> Ashington Colliery Band.