Re: Masters of Space and Time

and Guy Clark wrote:

> I read that as we have ONLY 16 weeks before NABBA.  We are accustomed to
> beginning work on the test pieces in October or November at the latest.
> This puts a crimp in our ability to prepare adequately!

Interesting.  I can't imagine any British band being quite so patient.  Our
UK regional contests are held in March but I suspect that most bands won't
get down to serious work on the pieces until late January/early February, so
as not to become stale, even with new pieces.  Admittedly, that will
normally entail two (or more) rehearsals each week, but many bands will
choose to take part in other contests between now and the regionals, usually
on different pieces.  I'm not trying to say that we're right - in many ways
I'd enjoy the luxury of a six-month rehearsal period - but I suspect that
we'd lose a lot of players to the asylum if we tried it.

Is your band typical of bands in the US is this respect?

How do bands in other parts of the world relate to this?

Cheers

David