RE: Masters of Space and Time

HI, David!

Our band is atypical in that we are the four time national champions ;-).
We may start work earlier than other bands, but I can't say for sure.  All I
know is that we have been successful in our endeavours so far partly by
starting relatively early in preparation of the contest and also by having
two rehearsals, every other week.

We have no other contests to enter, but we also prepare a concert program
that includes the test pieces, to be performed a month or so before the
championships.

I believe that  a couple of the neighboring bands (those with whom we have
close ties) also follow our schedule to some degree.

I don't think that the test music has ever grown stale for us.  We are too
hyped up about doing a good job at the contest that we are rarely satisfied
with our performances up to the championships.  I think that this year we
will really feel the time pressure!

Any other perspectives?

Guy Clark
solo cornet