Re: Masters of Space and Time

I can only speak for the Saint Louis Brass Band as we are geographically so
spread out in the USA it's difficult to know how other bands rehearse.
However, we rehearse once a week, on Sunday afternoons. We prepare for an
average of 30 Concerts a year, all of which are different programs. We do
not begin work on the NABBA Test Piece until January, giving us 15 weeks to
the Competition. We also rehearse for our regular concerts during that time,
so spend around 1/2 hour at each session on the Test Piece and our 'Own
Choice'.
A Couple of weeks before the Competition we schedule 3 or 4 extra rehearsals
to spend only on the Competition. This works for us as we also would players
not in the asylum, but quitting if we spent longer.

Robin Weatherall
President & Manager
Saint Louis Brass Band
USA