Re: Masters of Space and Time

Im playing in one of few top bands in Denmark, and we try to start as late
as possible on a testpiece, normaly 2 months before (when the piece are
released). That gives us time to focus on other big concerts, it also puts a
pressur on the band to play better all the time (every concert is like a
contest). I find that if you start to early on a piece you get sick and
tired of it even before the contest, and thats not good.
Some years ago we did the same as your band Guy we use 4 or 5 months on test
and own, and we won. Then we went to the European, and here you get the test
8 weeks before, and that was no problem, the result was the same (we didnt
win).
I think your band should try to wait a littel long, i think the resulte will
be the same or even better who knows ??

Good luck at the contest.

Lars Haedersdal
Soprano