Sinfonietta Pastorale

Dear all,

Does anyone know whether a new score has been produced for Henry Geehl's
"Sinfonietta Pastorale" to be used for the 4th section areas this year? or
are bands expected to play from vintage parts?

My band is hoping that some extra percussion might have been added to bring
the piece up to date. If not, our percussionists are going to be extremely
bored in the next two months.

Incidentally, what do people on the list think of the choice of this piece
for the areas? I have heard the piece only a few times, but it is obvious to
me that the people who picked it were not amongst those who will have to
play it! It seems a shame that such a bland old work should be chosen. (Even
a bland new one would be better)!

I would also like to know if there is a recording of the piece...

Cameron Mabon
Jedforest Instrumental Band