Triple Tongueing

Nice to see that somebody has mentioned an EABBA Spring Contest test piece!

Surely test pieces and contests are about what you cannot do and what you
hope to achieve as well as what you can do? That is a major way in which we
can all improve our playing, is it not?

What a golden opportunity to teach the young second/third cornet players how
to triple tongue.

Incidentally, not all mature players in Championship Section bands can
triple tongue (or double tongue come to that)-you would be surprised-so
don't be put off! I'm sure that with some intense and individual practice
the young people mentioned will do very well and so will "awe's"
band-whoever "awe" may be!

I was once told that I was expecting too much of my young players-it wasn't
them that I was worried about!!!

Brian Hastings
President/ Chairman - EABBA