Re: Whit Friday Marches

karl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> sorry for repeating what has been asked before, but can somebody tell me
>  what date the Whit Friday marches are? My band would like to take part, and
>  as relative novices to this event, we don't know if there are any rules or
>  regs. Can anybody provide me with some info or where I might go to look?

hi karl

the date of 2001 whit friday marches are friday 8th june 2001

and the following are all good URL's re whit friday

http://www.whitfriday.brassbands.saddleworth.org.uk

http://www.tameside.gov.uk/corpgen1/brassband.htm

http://www.zen.co.uk/home/page/bob.hindley/contests.htm

http://www.penninewaterways.co.uk/ashton-under-lyne/whitfriday.htm

http://www.whitfriday.freeserve.co.uk/

i hope this helps, and i hope your band has a good time

regards

john davis