Undaunted

Happy new year to all on the list

does anyone know of a good recording (or infact ANY recording) of the first
section Testpiece 'The Undaunted'?  have been trying to read up on it and
can find very little in the way of information about it.  Asked our usual
supplier for a recording of it and she said she had never heard of it.
anybody any ideas?

On a completely different note, i was set thinkin by an elderly gentleman
the other day who says he can remember as a boy he watched a massed bands
concert at a marching festival with a certain John Henry Iles conducting.
This was in 1944 when he was awarded the O.B.E.  as a matter of interest i
was wondering what the largest number of massed bands is that has ever
played at the same concert at the same time.  also, is there such a thing as
the 'biggest' band ever to play - as a brass movement we could try it!!!!

Only ideas....

Cheers

Dave