Re: Whit Walks

Dear Mark!!!

       The Whit Friday march contest start at 4pm and most villages close the
registration desk at 10pm. The problem there being that as long as a band
registers before 10pm even if there is say 10 bands before you in a cue to
play then it is OK, so the finnish time can't be calculated. Some contest go
on well after 11pm.
       As for a place to stay, its really hard to find something this late
within Saddleworth, we tried last year to get two people a bed for the night
and believe me it was  hard.
       For the Contest venue where you'll see most bands, I would go to
either Greenfield or Uppermill.  For the Whit Friday march contest these two
are the capitals of Saddleworth.
Best of luck ROB