Re: Demelza - sop solo - Pseudonyms

Many composers over the years have, for various reasons, written pieces
under pseudonyms.
Edward Gregson composed some solos as 'Robert Eaves' as he (or his
publishers) prefered to give the impression that the name "Edward Gregson"
was more in keeping with more "serious" works.

Likewise, the Euphoniium Solo "Arabella" was written by Allan Street under
the name of 'Barry Chester' and William Rimmer wrote many pieces as 'Sidney
Dacre', 'Hirem Eden' or 'E. Damare' as well as a few others.
Denis Wright also published some arrangements (noteably the march
"Knightsbridge") by the pen-name of 'Frank Denholm'

I am sure that there are a lot more than the ones I have mentioned and list
members may wish to add to this list.

Sandy McAughtrie
Dalmellington Band