Pseudonyms (now Damare again)

>William Rimmer wrote many pieces as 'Sidney
>Dacre', 'Hirem Eden' or 'E. Damare' as well as a few others.

Sorry to re-open an old thread, but is the fact of Damare having been a pen
name for William Rimmer documented anywhere?
There can be little doubt that Cleopatra and Pandora are by the same
composer, but Hailstorm (which IS by Rimmer) lacks all the sophistication of
the other pieces. I have been told that Demare was all sorts of
people...from Arban to Harry Mortimer, but these two cornet solos seem to be
more musically accomplished than any of the other triple-tongue polkas
(which are usually very trite!). Fairies of the Waters by Saint Jacomb seems
to share a similar musical form and have similar elements of musical
development to the Demare pieces. The slow introductions to all these solos
seem to come from the continental tradition of the operatic aria rather than
the British drawing-room ballad (as with Rimmer and Greenwood etc. etc.).
My (hopefully informed) guess is that Damare WAS a French virtuoso cornet
soloist during the latter half of the nineteenth century (or a pseudonym for
one). It could even have been Saint Jacomb on a particularly good day.

Did Damare write anything else?

I seem to have gone a bit "Radio 3"...must lie down...