Re: Capriol Suite (was RE: Pseudonyms)

Clark Guy <guy.clark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is there a BB arrangement of Capriol?  It's a great piece!
>
> I've heard a brass quintet arrangement performed by the Equale Brass that
> I'd love to have a chance to play!

Yes - Geoffrey Brand made one some time ago.  I suspect that it was
published by R Smith.  I've not played it or even heard the BB arrangement
for many years but I don't remember enjoying it - if my memory is correct it
seemed quite a turgid and humourless piece far removed from the original -
very thickly scored.

But don't let me put you off...

David