Re:

You are spot on, the march was written to commemorate the Berlin Air Lift
and is still very popular in Germany. In fact it was in their hit parade for
some time.

This might seem a bit sad to our sophisticated pop culture, but I was a
member of a British Military Band that went to No: 1 in their hit parade
with a March called "Gruss un Brackwede".

You will be able to obtain a Brass band Arrangement form the German
publishers. In Germany the Brass Band  formatis is commoin,  although you
might get a bit confused with Althorns which are like tenor horns and
Baritons which are actually Euphs ...etc.

ST