RE: FOUR WEEK RULING

I appreciate the problems you are having in getting players signed but if
the period is extended closer to the Contest Date surely bands like your own
are also liable to lose players very close to the contest.

Let's say your local rivals are in need of a cornet player and they
approached and signed one of your players, how would you feel, say, 1 week
before the contest when you are left high and dry?

I can see some value in allowing players who are un-registered or in the
dead file sign closer to the contest but I feel it is treading on dangerous
ground allowing transfers any closer.

Maybe the issue here is that there aren't enough good players coming through
the ranks??

Richard Dyson
Whitburn Band

--