Re: BBW

rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Do bands get taken out of BBW's top 50 rankings when they drop down to the
 first section ?

 This seems to have happened to my band, Kibworth. >>
The BBW rankings were started as an unofficial attempt to gauge the form of
contesting bands. That is still their role. They do not affect qualification
or invitation for any brass band contest.
The fact remains that if you do well in big contests like the Open, Nationals
& Masters you'll be at the top. If you don't, you won't! My experience is
that those bands who become obsessed with the BBW rankings (particularly
those outside the top 15) are missing the point. If you can prosper at the
Area or Grand Shield the BBW rankings will take care of themselves.
Kibworth, who have IMHO not had the rub of the contesting green in the last
couple of years, need to dust themselves off and come back stronger. If they
deserve a place in the BBW top 50 (and the band has some very fine players
and is well directed) it will happen, in good time.

Big Chap
Bedrock Brass