Re: FOUR WEEK RULING

Why not a 4 week rule?
Certainly a Hot potato BUT I remember hearing heartfelt comments such as ---
'Our concert band IS our contest band'.
As a promoter of local energy I can't imagine a situation where players who
have supported a band through the fundraising/public performances (extreme
hard work) should be dropped for competition due to the availability of a
'prima dona'.
This may sound a bit harsh BUT I truly believe that the concert band should
also be the contest band. I have heard  that some bands who are 'rather
short' at weekly practice are able, with importees, to compete even at the
Championship level!
Surely this is far from honest.
Do we encourage Organic banding (warts and all) or promote the movement with
Genetically Modified 'Premiership' Bands.
Chris B
associated with St Keverne Band who accept their limitations BUT , with the
correct fertiliser have, 'Done good'.
Find out what a small village can do at www.stkeverneband.org.uk !!!