Re: FOUR WEEK RULING

.Pete Taylor Wrote-------------" It wrongly assumes everyone
is a potential cheat " ----This indicates bureaucracy for its own
sake. -----I do like that archaic idea of innocent until proved guilty
thing. If the need arises surely a player of your own choice can be brought
in.
Policing the movement might be a preferred solution   ----Everyone I'm sure
is happy to have rules but, in my short connection with banding, I have
heard of many possible naughties such as ---------a youth contests that
include ageing players or an 11 to 16 School that enters a senior school
band with players that never even went to the school. I'm sure that other
Listees will have concerns about contests at all levels.
 A band might hire the whole of a top level band to represent them in a
contest but would not be worthy of their own name/tradition. Individual
players would I hope,  for their own integrity, not wish to be associated
with such scams.
Set common-sense rules and slam those who, on the day, act unprofessionally.
There can be very legitimate reasons for bringing in players and surely
nobody in their right mind would disqualify (or would they?) a police band
for a non-performance enhancing technical infringement!!! "Needs must when
the devil drives"
Down in the deep south-west we have registration for all players, even the
youth, and bands abide by age limits---we have no problems at our contests.
Simple measures encourage simple accountability.

Regards Chris B