Fodens Concert in Armagh

Hi Folks

Last Saturday night Fodens Courtois gave a magnificent concert in Armagh,
Northern Ireland, to a capacity audience in the Market Place Theatre unde
the Baton of Bramwell Tovey, hosted by the Armagh Old Boys Band.

The Band was on cracking form with some brilliant playing including the
Russian & Rudmilla Overture, Diversions on a Bass Theme. The Bands solois
ts
were also on top form Alan Wycherley played Meditation from Thais, Bob
Fulcher played Episode, John Barber featured in 3 pieces one after each
other =91The 1st Circle, Autumn Leaves and I will Follow Him=92 and Glyn
Williams with Pantomime which was 1st Class as usual.

  The evening was a great success and the Band had to give three encores
the
band then invited Derek Orr the conductor of the Armagh Old Boys to condu
ct
The Cossack March.

  The band then provided a workshop, under the Baton of Alan Wycherley on
Sunday morning, which was excellent. From my own point of view, it was gr
eat
to play along side players like Mark Wilkinson and Pete Coulson. It was a
lso
good to meet Phil Green in person.

Mark Bingham

www.1stoldboysband.fsnet.co.uk <http://www.1stoldboysband.fsnet.co.uk/>