Re: Area contests

Colin

The Midlands regional championships lines up as
follows:
2nd Mar
1st section - Town Hall
2nd section - Belevedere Park Club

3rd Mar
3rd + champ - Town Hall
4th - Belvedere Park Club

Another point - coughing. I listened to a
recording of Year Of the Dragon with YBS and
counted 37 coughs during their performance!! Is
this really neccessary??? It really "Brasses Me
Off" hearing the audience cough when I'm playing!
I ask you - is it really neccessary?? Is your band
so  that you have to try to put other bands
off by coughing?? Please have a bit of respect
when sitting in the audience - you know who you
are!! Does anyone else find this a distraction or
am I being overpedantic??!?

By the way Monkey et al
I don't find the Irish jibes in the least bit
amusing. Oh yes there is the friendly banter
but the recent mails regarding our Irish cousins
were way over the top. The violence bourne by the
so called Irish Freedom Fighters should in no way
be condoned but you must remember that it was
perpretated by a very small number of "patriots".
Do not make the small minded mistake that all
Irish are bad - erstwhile remember that the
english tried (and failed!!!!) to take over a
third of the planet! Including my home country of
Scotland! ( ... And sent them homewards tae think
again!!!) Read up on your own history before you
even attempt to cast dispersions on your near
neighbours.

cheers
GRant (cough when I'm playing and I will find out
who you are!!) - exiled Scotsman that has the
misfortune of currently living in this God
forsaken land - are you fed up yet english??

Quoting "c.hogg" <c.hogg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Hi
> I want to go to the Midland Area contest on the
3rd/4th March. Can any
> one tell me the times of the sections and which
Days they are on ?