RE: Coughing

HI, all!

I certainly don't like hearing coughing, cough drop wrapper crackling,
pagers and cell phones going off, or doors closing noisily, either.

One noise that sticks in my mind, however ocurred during our performance in
the 1997 NABBA competition in Red Wing, Minnesota.  During a quiet section
of our performance, (I think we were playing New Jerusalem) I heard an odd
quiet coughing noise, accompanied by what sounded like splashing noises.....
Sure enough, a young audience member had vomited up his lunch where he was
sitting.  Fortunately, there wasn't alot of noise as people around him found
new seats.

Everyone's a critic!!!

(We did win 1st place, however.  Evidently the judges weren't as put off by
our performance as this young man was!  ;-)  ).

Guy Clark (speaking for himself ;-) )
Solo Cornet, Illinois Brass Band  (USA)