Re: Owning instruments - costs

In principle, yes they are; in practice no they aren't.  Mike (our
Principal 'bone and my no 1 son) has a Courtois with Hagmann valve
that is listed at over 2800 sterling.  His Bach Strad that preceded it
with no valve, was listed at around 1500 sterling - about the same
price as a Maestro/Sov Cornet?

On the second point, what a wizard wheeze!  I shall be sending the
idea along to our committee forthwith! Thanks Nigel...

Steve Larwood, Euph
Melbourne Town Band http://www.mtb-brassband.com