RE: Owning instruments/Excreta

Hi!

That is a good point that bands should or should not be expected to supply
instruments for their players, but what about the basses! I have recently
bought my own tuba, which set back my parents a couple of bob, but I am at
the conservatoire and thus as it it will be my profession i need one, but
what about bass players who play as a hobby, should they be expected to pay
for a BBb or Eb bass when it only hobby and might not even play full time
for band due to work or home commitments? Besides from experience I find
most cornet players have band instruments despite it being one of the
cheaper instrument to purchase! BAnds often a whole set of set of them for
section plus set of mutes to match! It is a fair weighted argument which
there probably is no right or wrong answer for!

Matt Pearson
Eb tuba Rolls-Royce Coventry