RE: Drun Kits at the area

I'm playing at Yorkshire Area, not the kit part, but for us a kit is
provided that we can use if we want...

The following gear we *have* to use:

4 Timps
Xylo
Vibes
Tubular Bells (kinda hard in Jazz)
Tam Tam
Bass Drum
Clash Cyms
2 Trap Trays.

Not sure what happens if you don't use the trap trays, guess it's enough to
just leave a pair of sticks on them as you play. ;-)

They are also providing the following gear, that we can use if we want:

Yamaha 5 piece drum kit
Congas
Bongoes
Surdo
Djembe
2 suspended cyms
Snare Drum
Triangle
Tamb
Wood Blocks
Wind Chimes
Flexatone
Egg Shake
Chinese cymbal.

My only gripe it that they're not bothering to provide a "small bass drum".

We'll probably take our own drums on stage...is there a time limit for
setup?

Tim Sawyer
Percussion
Rothwell Temperance Band