Tonguing or tongueing

Hello,
Would someone be willing to give me advice by email about tonguing (or
tongueing - I've forgotten how to spell it) - not directly on the list
obviously.
I've been playing a euphonium here in France for a short time and I haven't
played a brass instrument for over forty years. I've never had any lessons,
but I have this vague idea that virtually every note should be introduced
positively by a tongu(e)ing action.
I've tried "th" between the lips, but I get saliva problems, I've tried a
"te" just behind the top teeth and I've tried a "de" just at the limit
between the upper teeth and palate, neither seem positive enough. I even
"invented" a system of pushing my lower lip with my tongue to stop the
air... but I'm sure that isn't the right way!
When I was young, in the north of England, I used to hear a lot about
"triple tongu(e)ing" and for some of the numbers I play with fast
semi-quavers I certainly need to go faster.
Is it all just a question of practice?
The instrument I play looks like a german tenor horn - 4 rotary valve and
oval in shape, but the Czech manufacturer (Amati Cerveny) calls it a
euphonium CEP 531. It has a lovely sound and I am improving all the time,
but this question of tongu(e)ing intrigues me.
Any help would be most gratefully accepted but please don't clog up the
list with replies to my request.
As you can see on the letterhead, my email address is keith@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Looking forward to hearing from someone
All the best