Funding bodies

Does anybody out there have any experience of applying for grants
to help fund band tours? Are there any funding bodies /
organisations that are known to support this sort of activity?

We are going to Austria in the summer and I want to try to get the
cost down a little bit - I've managed in the past to get a number of
small grants out of local companies, but whilst it's paid for the
music or extra insurance etc, it's not made a substantial dent in
the total amount payable!

By the way, if there are any cornet players out there who are
interested in coming along, then please email me for more info!!
(Sorry if this contravenes any list rule Nigel!)

Best wishes
Dave
****

David Roberts