RE: Owning instruments

>A marching strap for a euphonium?????
### indeed yes!
I used the strap which I found in my euphonium box when I started to play
it until one day when we were due to march round the village (july 14th...)
I realised I'd forgotten the strap. After a few moments of panic I noticed
that not only was I able to play on the march without the strap but also
that I seemed to be better off without it. I haven't used the strap since.
I should say that although my instrument is officially called a euphonium
it seems to me to be much smaller and lighter than some of the euphoniums I
see in photos. It's scarcely bigger (and looks very much like) the german
tenor horns I see in pictures too.
Keith Braithwaite