Re: Trombones

Aha!  So thats where that silver one went - I saw it in their
showroom.  Does it make a brighter sound than a Rose Brass Bell jobber
Rob?  Son Mike's is the Prestige 400R Symphonie (Hagmann Valve) - I
find it more forgiving than the Bach Strad he had before it.  Nigel
could tell you about the awful day Mike was depping for Nigel's then
band on solo trombone at the Derbyshire County Show, then threw a
sickie then I got roped in unshaven and in Jeans, then Nigel put up
that James Bond medley, and in a moment of bravado (and no experience
of Mike's Strad) I said  Nah go for it, and we got to Nobody does it
better segment, and the passing dog could have done it better.  How
embarrassing!  Mike changed it for the Courtois shortly afterwards.
It (Strad) doesnt like ham-fisted rank amateur Euph players.  Nice
instrument played well though...  And to think I was once a reasonable
Trom player in my yoof.

My Courtois Euph needs a lot of air to fill, but that doesnt seem to
be a foible of the Trom.  ANd that Valve on the trom is great - no
"puhhh!" sound when operating it.  Its also fitted to various others
now, isnt it?

Steve Larwood, Euph
http://www.mtb-brassband.com