RE: Trombone mouthpieces

Well now, I knew this time would come, but I have been playing now for 8
years, started on a blessing learner, followed by a Selmer Bb-F, went to a
Strad, and now this bone I've had for - blimey - two years now.  While the
Courtois troms generally have thin laquer, but all the courtois instruments
have, they make fantastic tones and the projection is great.  My current
setup is a Prestige Symphonie 400R (hagmann, no detatchable bell) with a
6&1\2AL-L mouthpiece, with the smallest of the Christian Lindberg
"Resistance Balancers" on and I can tear out bass notes better than some
bass trombonists and then I can hit super-Es and super-Gs like they're
cheese.  They just take getting used to - Which model are you playing
because to dismiss them all as  is very unfair.

As I said I've played my bone for 2 years and it's great, and I also think
similar of Steve's euphonium.

Mike Larwood
Solo Trom
Youth Brass 2000